Rules for Night Visit of Taj Mahal: There are some strict rules and regulations when it comes to visiting Taj Mahal during the full moon night for both Indians and foreigners. The rules to be followed by everyone are as follows….
- 1. The foreign tourists must carry their passports and VISA
- 2. Indian tourists need to carry either Aadhar card or passport as identity proof.
- 3. There is a schedule of sight-seeing on every full moon-light at Taj Mahal and the tourists are strictly required to be there al least 30 minutes before the scheduled time-slot for the security check.
- 4. Taj Mahal opens on full moonlight nights for tourists / visitors from 08:30 PM to 12:30 AM.
- 5. Every tourist, without fail, need to carry their ticket or else he/she wouldn’t be allowed go inside.
- 6. Photography is allowed; Videography and tripods are not permitted.
- 7. Book ticket as early as possible because limited number of people is allowed to visit so tickets are sold on first-come-first-serve basis. So, check the schedule beforehand and book the tickets.
- 8. Only 400 people in 8 batches are allowed to enter Taj Mahal during full moonlight. This is done to reduce the crowd. This means only 50 people are allowed at a time and they are given 30 minutes to explore Taj Mahal.
Tips for Smooth and Best View of Taj Mahal in Full Moonlight: The following tips are being suggested for best experiences of the occasion…
- 1. Adhere all rules and regulations stated above while visiting Taj Mahal during full moon night.
- 2. Since videography and professional photography not allowed, take some awesome pictures with mobile or camera. Instead of wasting time in doing camera settings while inside the complex, it is better to do requisite things beforehand to ensure not to waste time.
- 3. Make the most of the 30 minutes slot by viewing and observing the shining sight of Taj Mahal during full moon light.
- 4. Optima Travels advises a tourist to book the last slot so that you get to see the best view. It takes some time for the moon to totally go up and shine on the monument.
- 5. A visitor, having already booked the entrance ticket, must reach the venue by 08:00 PM.
- 6. The opportunity to have Taj Mahal night view during full moonlight is available only for five nights in a month - two nights prior the full moon night, two nights after it and a night itself.
- 7. Taj Mahal viewing is closed on Fridays. Also, no night-view is allowed during Ramzan / Ramadan month.
Dates of Full Moon Night :
|Sr. No. ||Full Moon Night 2022 || Full Moon Night 2023|| Full Moon Night 2024
|1 ||January 17'2022 (Paush Purnima) ||January 6'2023 (Paush Purnima) ||January 24'2024 (Paush Purnima)
|2 || February 15’2022 (Magh Purnima) || February 4’2023 (Magh Purnima)||February 23’2024 (Magh Purnima)
| 3||March 17’2022 (Hutasani Purnima) || March 6’2023 (Hutasani Purnima) || March 24’2024 (Hutasani Purnima)
| 4|| April 16’2022 (Chaitra Purnima)|| April 5’2023 (Chaitra Purnima)||April 23’2024 (Chaitra Purnima)
|5 ||May 15’2022 (Buddha/Vaishakh Purnima) || May 4’2023 (Buddha/Vaishakh Purnima)|| May 22’2024 (Buddha/Vaishakh Purnima)
|6 ||June 13’2022 (Jyeshtha/Dev Snan Purnima) || June 3’2023 (Jyeshtha/Dev Snan Purnima)||June 21’2024 (Jyeshtha/Dev Snan Purnima)
| 7|| July 13’2022 (Guru Purnima) || July 2’2023 (Guru Purnima)|| July 20’2024 (Guru Purnima)
| 8||August 11’2022 (Shravan Purnima) ||August 1’2023 ||August 19’2024 (Shravan Purnima)
| 9||September 9’2022 (Bhadrapad Purnima) ||August 30’2023 (Shravan Purnima) || September 17’2024 (Bhadrapad Purnima)
| 10||October 9’2022 (Sharad Purnima) ||September 28’2023 (Bhadrapad Purnima) ||October16’2024 (Sharad Purnima)
| 11||November 7’2022 (Kartik Purnima) ||October 28’2023 (Sharad Purnima) ||November 15’2024 (Kartik Purnima)
| 12||December 7’2022 (Margshirsha Purnima) || November 26’2023 (Kartik Purnima) ||December 14’2024 (Margshirsha Purnima)
| 13|| || December 26’2023 (Margshirsha Purnima) ||
Book a Tour to view Taj Mahal in Full Moon Night, click here
How to Buy Entry Ticket to View Taj Mahal during Full Moon Night: In order to buy entry ticket to enjoy the mesmerizing full moon night view of Taj Mahal, e-mail the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
| Sr. No. ||For Indian Travelers ||For Foreign Tourists
|Ticket + Handling Charges || INR 800 / Person || USD 20 / Person|
|1 ||Scanned copy of photo identity card having permanent address proof (Adhar Card / Driving / License or Passport) of every visitor ||Scanned copies of passport and valid visa of every visitor |
|2 ||Valid e-mail address ||Valid e-mail address |
|3 ||Mobile Number / Land Line Number ||Mobile Number / Land Line Number |
|4 ||Collect the ticket/s from Agra office on the day of visit or one day prior to visit ||Collect the ticket/s from Agra office on the day of visit or one day prior to visit |
|5 ||The ticket will be delivered to you in Agra hotel on the day of visit or one day prior to visit ||The ticket will be delivered to you in Agra hotel on the day of visit or one day prior to visit |
|6 ||The tickets are non transferable ||The tickets are non transferable |
|7 ||The ticket and fees are non refundable || The ticket and fees are non refundable|
|8 ||Carry a photo ID with you while receiving tickets. ||Carry a photo ID with you while receiving tickets. |
Note: The tickets are subject to availability. In case the tickets could not be bought, the advance amount is returned to the tourist.